maandag 10 juli 2017

Une fete en France

A few weeks ago my husband and I were lucky enough to be part of a wonderful party.


Lucy, the daughter of my friend Emma, was celebrating her first Communion and we were invited to join in the celebrations. It was a memorable day and weekend.



The day before the Communion Emma’s husband Olivier took us all to St. Quentin to first visit the basilique, which was all the more special because when we were there the organ was being played (a short video on my IG account (click) unfortunately I cannot insert the video here as my phone crashed the day after we returned from France and I lost all my  data   ☹ )
   






After this we visited the weekly town market, , I always love to visit a local market, the colors, the food, the people, the atmosphere




In the afternoon the boys went to visit nearby champagne caves and the girls went to……Le Patchwork d’Emma, where else?!



Emma’s own work is exquisite










And then of course the next day it was Lucy’s big day, she looked so pretty


After the church service, time for presents and a party!
















It was a wonderful weekend, with lovely people, a great fête (wonderful food and champagne, I was like a kid in a candy store) in beautiful surroundings. The highlight of our summer, of our year I am sure. And a warm memory for ever.

Since then I have gone a bit awol. Both on my blog and on my IG account. Apart from the memorable weekend in France with Emma and her family, this summer is turning out to be a trying time. Just before our weekend in France I have had to say farewell to a kind, wonderful, charismatic, spiritual, positive and beautiful person who was taken from us much too soon. The speed with which his illness claimed him left us in shock and incredibly sad.

Then those around me are suffering set backs and challenges, which for privacy reasons I shall not get into, but it drains my energy and in some cases involves a lot of work. Not even our dog Whopper was exempt from this run of bad luck, suffering from kennel cough. And my new part-time job proved to be less part-time than I was led to believe.  
So since my afternoon at Emma’s atelier I have hardly had a chance to do some quilting and it doesn’t look good for the rest of the summer. I will try though (oh, I miss it) and as soon as I get the chance to do so, I will share on my blog and IG- account.

In the meantime, have yourselves a lovely (and hopefully quilty) summer,

Phyllis






















12 opmerkingen:

  1. Jammer dat alles even wat minder loopt dan gehoopt. Ik hoop dat er snel betere en rustigere tijden aanbreken voor je.(hou je taai)

    Groet,

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Life how it is. Beautiful and challenging.

    Hugs Dorry

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Vervelend dat nare dingen ook bij het leven horen, het maakt echter wel dat je voelt dat je leeft! Veel sterkte en plezier deze zomer, hoop dat alles weer ten goede keert!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Soms lijken alle nare dingen tegelijk te komen en vraag je je af wanneer het stopt en het tij keert.
    Hopelijk gaat dit snel gebeuren voor jullie en gaat de zon ook figuurlijk weer schijnen de rest van de zomer.
    Jullie dagen in Frankrijk zien er heerlijk uit. Fijn om even de zinnen te verzetten!
    Sterkte de komende tijd en hopelijk wat happy stitching!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wat een geweldig weekend. Niemand krijgt het voor niets in t leven. Dikke kus uit hoevelaken

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Zo te zien heb je een paar héél bijzondere dagen beleefd bij je vriendin Emma in Frankrijk ( wat zie je er feestelijk uit!). Wat ontzettend jammer dat je juist voor je vertrek zo een tegenslag te verwerken kreeg. Desondanks hoop ik toch dat het een mooie zomer voor je wordt. Hopelijk met wat tijd om te quilten want dat werkt altijd zo helend (mijn ervaring -:) !
    Groetjes, Liliane

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. What a beautiful weekend. I hope the rest of your summer will be less stressful than you're anticipating and things can be resolved quickly.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Phyllis - you really are a very good photographer. Nice photos. And isn't Emma's shop so sweet. She has chosen such gorgeous fabrics and as you said, her work is very good. I know exactly where you were visiting, so that makes it extra fun for me, from far away. My visit there was delightful, as well. Hope that life begins to improve and you can return to your quilting. Good wishes. Marne

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Wat heerlijk en wat zien de groentes er super uit op zo'n markt.
    De communie moet heel speciaal geweest zijn. En wat een frisse winkel heeft Emma.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Thanks for sharing when you can! I always enjoy the photos of your interesting life! So different from what we experience here in the very rural area of northern Washington, USA!! Best of luck to you and yours during the rest of the summer.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Een goede vriend verliezen is heel verdrietig. En daarna zo'n leuke tijd in Frankrijk bij Emma. Zo dubbel kan het leven soms zijn.
    Misschien vind je toch nog wat rust en tijd om een aantal steekjes te zetten. Een goede zomer verder Phyllis.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Het is altijd verdrietig als je iemand moet missen, het hoort er helaas bij in het leven.
    Maar lieve familie en goede vrienden maken ook weer veel goed. En een hobby als quilten helpt wel, heb ik zelf gemerkt. Wat een mooi Communiefeest mocht je mee maken. En leuk, dat bezoek bij die quiltzaak. Met een zeer mooie sterrenquilt aan de muur, zag ik.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...