Or should I call this blog post ‘Disappointment’?
I spent quite some time putting the first borders on the centre piece of my Phebe quilt. And then the third border… and then this….look.. too much fabric.. it will not lie flat.
The problem must be in the dogtooth border, I did not notice it when I put that on and I can just kick myself for it. Classic mistake. It will all have to come off and be redone, but I just cannot get myself to do it right now. So Phebe is shelved for a while, while I find the courage redo those borders…..
Meanwhile of course there was s*n*o*w, which DH and myself don’t like (we must be the only Dutch persons who feel this way), but which Whopper loves. When he is inside he can’t get enough of it
And when he is outside he just runs and jumps and eats the snow and looks really annoyed when he has to sit still for a second so I can take a picture.
With Phebe shelved, I turned to another project, the King George III quilt and made the circle of the 4th block.
I piece the centre circle of the block, but wonder if there is anybody who appliques these and if that is any better. The block does lie flat, no problem there, just wondering.
So I now have 4 circles of the King George III quilt, on to # 5.
And – very therapeutic – I started cleaning out my cabinet with fabrics and books. I am de-stashing , look for it over here the coming weeks.