dinsdag 13 augustus 2019

Festival of Quilts (II)


Even now, some two weeks later, my head is still spinning with all I have seen at the Festival of Quilts.




After my rather randomly chosen quilts that caught my eye there in my previous blogpost I would now like to share with you two exhibitions that impressed me.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into this exhibition Paisley Parade by Sandie Lush, a series of handquilted Welsh cot quilts using the paisley quilt pattern.

All small quilts, lovingly and beautifully handquilted:-








As demure and modest as the little quilts in this exhibition were, the large quilts in the next one were spectacular!

The Baltimore Album Quilts from the International Quilt Study Center & Museum exhibition!

I went back to this one so many times during my days at the Festival of Quilts, let me show you why:-




















For me the star of this exhibition if not the whole show was this one, so many details, so many techniques, so beautiful:-
















So much inspiration, don't you think? 

I hope you enjoyed this second blogpost of the Festival of Quilts, one more to follow…. please join me again next time.

Phyllis









9 opmerkingen:

  1. By being the first to comment here I hope Blogger will send any following comments to my email. Thank you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. die quilts zijn werkelijk betoverend
    zou niet eens weten hoe er aan te beginnen
    wacht op het vervolg

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. OH I do think! wow. These quilts are amazing. I love the quilting on the simple red and white.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Prachtig die Baltimore's..zoveel inspiratie..Wat fijn dat je ons laat meegenieten..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Prachtig quiltwerk in de eerste quiltjes die je ons laat zien. Héél mooi om te zien hoe subtiel dat roze aanwezig is in de eerste quilt!
    De Baltimore quilts overtreffen alles. Wat een vakmanschap!!
    In afwachting van het derde verslagje........
    Groetjes, Liliane

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. In een woord geweldig! Die antieke Baltimore quilts! Je zo'n er zo aan een willen beginnen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Oh Phyllis wat prachtig die Baltimores. Al die close ups je ziet zoveel kundigheid. Het zal nog een paar jaartjes duren voordat ik dit zo durven beginnen. Ik kan me voorstellen dat je regelmatig even bent gaan kijken er is zoveel te zien. Maar het quiltwerj van de wiegenquiltjes is ook fantastisch wat een geduld. Dank voor het delen.







    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. What a privilege to get to see such an exciting show! Thanks so much for sharing to so many of us who probably never will get to see them in person. Beauitful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...